Cleaning a house after neglecting it for a few days can be very challenging. It will make it difficult for you to decide what to do and where to start. The key to keeping your house tidy is by maintaining it on a daily basis. When you neglect it for too long, the dirt starts building up, and hence you will find it tough to clean your house afterward. Follow the below-mentioned step-by-step guide that will help you categorize your tasks every day and simplify the cleaning process. In this way, you can have a clean and organized house without putting in too much effort and time.
- Important Tips to Keep Your House Clean on Daily Basis
- Important Tips to Keep Your House Organized on Daily Basis
Important Tips to Keep Your House Clean on Daily Basis
1. Kitchen Cleaning
The kitchen is the best place to utilize the first 20 minutes of your daily cleaning routine. Washing dishes is the main target if you want your kitchen to be neat all day long. Hence, it is advisable to clean the dishes exactly after having a meal. Here are other important chores to do during kitchen cleaning.
- Use a wet cloth to clean the floor, especially the area that gets most of the dirt, for example, under the dining table.
- Fold your kitchen towel and hang the apron properly.
- With the help of a universal cleaner, wash the countertops and dust clean the cabinets from outside.
- Remove the trash properly.
- Use a damp cloth to dust clean appliances. Microwave, toaster, and fridge should be your preference.
- Clean the clutter beneath the sink and put baking soda in the drainpipe to avoid smell in the kitchen.
2. Living Area Cleaning
After the kitchen, the next target should be the living room. It is easily one of the most used areas of a house and can become extremely messy if you don’t take care of it daily. Twenty minutes spent cleaning the living room will keep it clean and organized for the whole day. Here is what you should do or ask your regular cleaning services providers:
- Organize the racks, decoration pieces, and vases after cleaning the dust from them.
- Clear the dust from the television.
- Vacuum, clean the sofas, and organize the sofa cushions. Make sure to target the areas behind the furniture specifically.
- Wet wipe the floors and if you have carpet flooring, vacuum it.
- Grab a basket and clear everything from the living room that doesn’t belong in it.
- If a shoe rack is present, make sure to organize it properly.
3. Toilet Cleaning
If there is any part of the house that is a hub of dirt and grime, it has to be your bathroom. Cleaning a bathroom can get tough if you neglect daily cleaning. From cleaning the mirrors thoroughly to removing stains, toilets can be a bit tough to clean. Here is what you should do:
- Use a washing liquid and a detergent to clean the sinks, toilets, showers, and faucets.
- Rub the toilet thoroughly after applying detergent to make it free of stains.
- Wet wipe the mirror to make it spotless.
- Replace the shower curtains if needed.
- Replace the towel with a fresh one and change the toiletries if needed.
4. Bedroom Cleaning
The key to keeping your bedroom clean all day long is placing everything in its place at the start of the day. Here is what you can do:
- Organize your bed, straighten the bed sheet and properly place the pillow when you wake up in the morning.
- Remove the dirty clothes and take them to the laundry.
- Wet wipe the floors and if there is carpet, vacuum it properly.
- Fold and place the washed clothes in the wardrobe and hang the pressed ones.
- Empty the trash can, remove any kind of clutter from the room and organize the decoration pieces.
- Dust clean the wall hangings and surfaces.
5. Ventilation System Cleanings
Every home has its ventilation system like Air ducts, Dryer vents, chimneys, etc. So your home ventilation HVAC systems must be clean on regular basis to keep your home’s indoor air quality good. A Professional Chimney Cleaning service is necessary to prevent your home from sudden fire damage.
Important Tips to Keep Your House Organized on Daily Basis
1- Remove Clutter while Walking around
Make it a habit of putting everything in its right place while walking around the house. For example, when you are in the bedroom, bring dirty laundry on the way down. Similarly, remove dirty mugs and plates from the living room and take them to the dishwasher.
2- Clean the Kitchen after Cooking
Paying close attention to the clutter in the kitchen is a key to keeping your house neat all day. Therefore, discard everything once used, especially the empty food boxes. Wash cooking utensils immediately after using them, and the same should be done with the dishes. Cleaning everything straight away keeps the kitchen clean all day.
3- Clean up after seeing a Mess
Kids and pets usually make mess throughout the day. Make sure to deal with it whenever you see it, and don’t leave it as it is. If someone spills something on the carpet or floor, wipe it off with a damp cloth immediately, so you don’t have to deal with the stains afterward.
4- Window Cleaning
Windows are left untreated most of the time, and dirt starts accumulating on them. Hence you should clear the dust from the rails and corners of the windows daily. However, cleaning the entire window should be done at least once a week.
5- Clear the Junk Mail
Mailboxes should be checked daily as it is very common to receive a lot of junk nowadays, which just overflows the mailbox. Therefore, sort the mail and only keep the important ones. Put your invoices, coupons, and important mail in the drawer. The rest should be disposed of properly.
As ducts are an important part of properties to make your indoor air quality clean and fresh. In areas in the USA like Houston, Austin or the whole of texas people prefers to clean air duct to make their indoor air quality clean. So air duct cleaning Austin, Houston, or the whole of texas is important.
Cleaning up a house daily seems like a daunting task. To simplify the process, make and follow a daily cleaning checklist. When deciding where to start, first consider the areas that get dirty easily. Plan to work on these areas first and then focus on the rest of the house. Make sure to give considerate time to the most used areas and clear the mess immediately. Cleaning each area one by one and then moving forward will make things easy for you and keep your home organized and tidy.